Drum roll please…the newly elected freshman class officers

Alex Pearson, Staff Writer

Incoming freshmen were recently elected as class officers and I asked them a few get to know you questions. I am proud to introduce to you your 2018-19 freshmen class officers.

Devrie Barstow: President  

Devrie Barstow is the student body President for the freshman class and she is a student athlete on the volleyball team.  She is very involved in the community, and she loves to help out when she can. Her first reaction when she found out she got student President was very happy and proud that she won her position. In her position, Devrie is helping out the school with any conditions that they may want to change and trying to be a role model for the freshmen that will come next year. In her future, she wants to attend a four year college so she can become a first grade teacher, and become successful with her life. Her favorite part of Hughson High School is how the community and staff are so nice to each other.

Natalya Vargas: Vice President

Natalya Vargas is currently 14 years old and was born in Modesto, CA. She is involved in many clubs at Hughson High School, and she is a student athlete with a GPA of 3.7. In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with her friends and family and vintage shopping as well. When Natalya found out she was elected for Vice President, she was excited and happy that she was making a change at Hughson High School. Being Vice President, Natalya is hoping to give her fellow classmates a voice and make this school year exciting and fun. In her future, she plans on being a marriage counselor or lawyer and to attend a four year college. Her favorite part of Hughson High School so far is that everybody is really nice and welcoming and that the football games are really fun.

Grace Harkrader: Secretary

Grace Harkrader is currently the Secretary of the freshman class. She has been involved in a lot of leadership activities and she shows pigs for AG. Her first reaction when she found out she won her position was excitement and that she was getting the opportunity to involved in her school. Her ideas for her position is to have a say what is happening around the school and receive feedback from other classmates. In her future, she plans to become an AG teacher or an AG Defense Attorney. Grace’s favorite part of Hughson High School so far is the change between middle school and high school since more people are mature and the huge change between the two schools. When asked what she would like to add, Grace enthusiastically said, “Go Huskies!”

Francisco Barrios: Treasurer

Francisco Barrios is Hughson High School’s newly elected Treasurer. He is planning to be a member of the Track Team this spring.  His goal, while being Treasurer, is to fund-raise enough money to make high school more fun. His favorite part of Hughson High School so far was the first rally. In the future, he would like to become a lawyer.

Gisela Aguilera: Class Representative

Gisela Aguilera, your 2018 Class Representative, has eight siblings and comes from a Mexican/Spanish background. She is a student athlete and plays basketball, lacrosse, and softball. In those sports, she plays all the leading positions. Her first reaction when she found out she won was surprise.  As Class Representative, she wants the freshman class to win the homecoming float and to raise spirit among the classes. In her future, she would like to attend the University of Connecticut and major in Business/Communication. After college, she would like to be drafted to the Women’s National Basketball Association. Her favorite part of Hughson High School was the advice that the juniors and seniors gave her and the open hands she was given when she came here.