The PAW

Hughson Volleyball Powers Past Livingston

Conor McGill, Sports Chief

Livingston– The 2018 TVL volleyball season is finally here and this season the Lady Huskies welcomed back a previous TVL team who last played in the league in 2005. That previous team was the Livingston Wolves who took the place of the Mountain House Mustangs due to the 2018 CIF SJS realignment.

The match up truly lived up to many people’s expectations. Hughson came out with an early lead taking the first set (25-18). Livingston later responded taking a close second set (24-26) and extended their lead 2-1 taking the third set (25-14). Hughson needed to get back in the game in order to have a chance to win. Sure enough the Lady Huskies got it done taking the fourth set (25-19) and the fifth set (15-13) giving the team their first TVL victory of the season.

“All together we really put a lot of energy on the court and played first to five,”said Hughson player, Emma Tomlinson. “Going into tonight we want to continue to be aggressive and work together as a team.”

“I’m very proud of how the girls finished the game off,”said Hughson head coach, Sarah Beers.  “We have a few things we need to fix before tonight, but I feel we will be ready.”

Hughson gets straight back to work tonight as they face Modesto Christian, while Livingston heads into a early bye.

About the Writer
Conor McGill, Sports Chief

Conor McGill is currently a senior at Hughson High. In his free time he likes spending time with his family and covering sporting events in the area. Conor plans on attending Arizona State in the fall of 2019 and major in Sports Journalism.