HUSD To Relocate District Office

The current district office

Harley Husky, Staff Writer

Under the strain of trying to create a budget that is balanced and keep a budget that will best serve the needs of students, Hughson Unified School District has prioritized where it can to make cuts that will not interfere with the learning process of students. One area that has long been a focus of the district is the relocation of the HUSD office.

Currently, the office is located in downtown Hughson on Hughson Ave, in what was once Union Safe Deposit Bank before its closing.  The district is currently leasing the facilities for $6,000 dollars a month.

Purchasing the building that is now leased by the district, as well as looking into other properties that could house the district office, came to an abrupt halt when purchasing figures came back in at anywhere from  $750,000 to $1,000,000.

“Because of the price of the above options, we began looking at our current buildings and determining where we could fit without impacting students,” said Brenda Smith, Superintendent.

Once all of the options were explored, the decision was made to relocate the district office to Ross Middle School on Fox Rd.

The move will impact the Ross staff, the After School Program office, and the speech classroom. These offices and classrooms will be relocated to buildings both on the Ross campus and the adjoining school, Fox Road Elementary.

The office will be relocated and moved this summer and will officially open at the new location on June 30th.