Husky In The Hot Seat: Natalie Moring

Fredy Castaneda, Staff Writer

Fredy Castaneda: What is your favorite memory here?

Mrs. Moring: The first Welcome to the Pack is one of my most memorable events because we were able to bring students to campus to highlight our programs and show how wonderful Hughson High School is.

Fredy Castaneda: What do you like about the school?

Mrs. Moring: I love the small town and the Hughson Community. Hughson has a wonderful student body and a supportive staff. 

Fredy Castaneda: How long have you been teaching here?

Mrs. Moring: I’ve been working at Hughson High School for six years. I’ve spent five years as the Learning Director, and this is my first year as the Assistant Principal. 

Fredy Castaneda: What do you like the least about working here?

Mrs. Moring: It is not always fun to enforce disciplinary consequences; however, I feel that it is an important tool to teach appropriate behaviors. 

Fredy Castaneda: If there is any knowledge you can pass down to your students what would it be?

Mrs. Moring: Hard work pays off! While things haven’t always come easy to me, I’ve found that you can accomplish your goals through hard work. 

Fredy Castaneda: If you could teach any subject what would it be?

Mrs. Moring: I would teach English because I have a Bachelor’s of Arts in English, and I was an English teacher for twelve years. My most favorite classes were English 9 and American Literature. 

Fredy Castaneda: If you were not working in education, what would you be doing right now?

Mrs. Moring: If I weren’t in the field of education, I could see myself as an attorney.

Fredy Castaneda: Do you have any hidden talents?

Mrs. Moring: I can throw a mean change-up! In high school, I was a softball pitcher where I threw a drop, drop curve, two different kinds of changeups, a rise ball, and screwball. When practicing softball with my girls, I will often throw batting practice to them. 

Fredy Castaneda: What is your favorite color?

Mrs. Moring: My favorite color is blue.

Fredy Castaneda: What is something students should know about you? 

Mrs. Moring: One of my most positive traits is that I am very organized.

Fredy Castaneda: What else would students be interested in knowing about you? 

Mrs. Moring: I coached cheerleading for nine years at the high school and youth levels. My last squad won the “JAMZ TVYFL” cheer competition at Enochs High School. As a result, we won a berth to the National JAMZ competition in Las Vegas.