Husky in the Hot Seat: Alexia Espinoza

Fredy Castaneda, Staff Writer

Fredy Castaneda: What’s your favorite memory here? 

Alexia Espinoza: My favorite memory here was probably winter formal, last year’s night rally, this year’s football games, but most importantly, meeting new friends and learning about subjects that I now love.

Fredy Castaneda: What do you do to encourage peers to work? 

Alexia Espinoza: I like to help my peers with their assignments and assist them as much as I can, and I’m always open to help my classmates with their work as long as they want to learn, because I feel like knowledge is a very, very valuable gift.

Fredy Castaneda: What is your least favorite memory here? 

Alexia Espinoza: My least favorite memories were probably whenever I fail tests that I thought I was prepared for, or being in classes where I had no friends in.

Fredy Castaneda: How do you like to be greeted? 

Alexia Espinoza: Usually I like to be greeted in any way, as long as you’re friendly. I always try to be a nice person unless you do something disrespectful to me or my friends.

Fredy Castaneda: What do you like most about school so far? What would you like to see changed?

Alexia Espinoza: I love learning about my favorite subjects and expressing my creativity in my favorite electives and making new friends, but I would definitely like to see the PSAT available for sophomores. 

Fredy Castaneda: When are you most creative?

Alexia Espinoza: I’m usually most creative in my house, because that’s where my comfort zone is.

Fredy Castaneda: What is something people do not know about you? 

Alexia Espinoza: Lots of people don’t know that I’m left-handed and that I have lots of hobbies!

Fredy Castaneda: When are you at your best?

Alexia Espinoza: If you’re talking about my best academic self, I’m usually my best academically when I’m in a learning workspace such as a classroom.

Fredy Castaneda: What are your goals for this year? 

Alexia Espinoza: My goals are to get my permit, get a job, and possibly get my driver’s license. 

Fredy Castaneda: What do you love?

Alexia Espinoza: I love to learn, cook, sew, paint, take photos, embroider, and I love spending my time texting my boyfriend, shopping, scrolling through Instagram or Snapchat, or doing makeup.

Fredy Castaneda: What should you do with what you know? 

Alexia Espinoza: I plan to get a successful job and make money out of it.

Fredy Castaneda: What are you most proud of?

Alexia Espinoza: I’m proud of my grades, because I worked hard for them. 

Fredy Castaneda: What makes you creative?

Alexia Espinoza: I’ve always been very creative since I was a kid, but although projects involving creativity takes a lot of time and effort, the results are always what motivates me to do more.