Q&A with Hughson High School’s Newest English Teacher: Ms. Glavich

Ms.+Glavich

Ms. Glavich

Hailey Dimter, Staff Reporter

The Paw: What made you want to work at HHS?

Ms. Glavich: I really wanted to work at HHS because I felt a strong connection to the school. I love how involved all of the staff and students are in the community, and I really wanted to contribute to that. I already feel so welcomed!

The Paw: What made you want to teach english/literature?

Ms. Glavich: I decided I wanted to teach English/literature because of my strong interests in books and the English language. I love analyzing different types of literature, learning about the history of the authors, and connecting the stories to our own world

The Paw: What is your main goal with teaching students?

Ms. Glavich: My main goal with teaching students is to make sure that they all feel supported and encouraged. English is a subject that requires a lot of close focus and attention, so I try to look for different and exciting activities that all of my students can engage with. 

The Paw: What was your favorite subject growing up?

Ms. Glavich: My favorite subject growing up was English (go figure) because I’ve always loved reading, but also History/Social Studies.

The Paw: What kind of impact do you hope to have on the School/Students/Staff?

Ms. Glavich:  I hope to bring even more positivity and support to the school, students, and staff at HHS. I want to be a friend to all staff, and a mentor and ally to all of my students!

Hailey: Is there a previous teacher that inspired you to grow up and teach English?

Ms. Glavich: The English teachers that I had my junior and senior year of high school both inspired me to grow up and teach English. They both had very different teaching styles, but it was obvious that they put a lot of hard work into their lessons and wanted to make the subject fun and exciting. I still keep in touch with both of them, and I’m excited to try some of their lessons in my classroom this year!

The Paw: Who is your biggest role model?

Ms. Glavich: My biggest role model is my grandmother. She always kept a positive outlook on life, and was extremely patient with our large, loud, fun family. She introduced me to a lot of the hobbies that I have now, and I try to bring those into my classroom as well.

The Paw: What Is one quote or phrase or saying that means a lot to you or that you live by that you would like to share?

Ms. Glavich: A quote that I try to live by is “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” by Maya Angelou.

The Paw: If there was one thing that you could change in this world, what would it be and why?

Ms. Glavich: If there is one thing I could change in this world, it would be that every child has access to a good education! Having access to education can help you find your passions in life.