Welcome to High School: Class of 2025

Lesly Avila-Rodriguez, Staff Reporter

When High school comes to mind, it can be something different for kids. New environment, new faces and new teachers. With distance learning affecting us all, what are 8th graders looking forward to as they start high school?

With a very odd school year, how did covid affect 8th graders? Sol Molinero stated, “Covid ruined so much, I expected to have a regular school year with my friends and all the fun activities we would get to do! promotion was something I looked forward to, but who knows how that will look this year as I finish 8th grade.” Nayeli Nieto agrees, “I started 8th grade online for 7 months and that took a lot of time away that I could have been in school and learning with my classmates.” 

High School can be something exciting or inspire nervous feelings when one thinks about it. Deyka Diaz stated, “I’m looking forward to sports and friends. After going to orientation, I’ve been excited about the sports and clubs.” Guillermo Arguelles said, “I’m looking forward to it not being very stressful, I heard it’s way worse than middle school, I’m just hoping it doesn’t go bad for me and my classmates.” 

A new school year awaits, for their freshman year, what do they expect and what goals do they have? Deyka Diaz said, “As an incoming freshman, one expectation I do have is having lots of fun activities. I look forward to having fun in events and in class too. Some goals for high school are: having good grades, meeting new people, and getting enough college credits so I can attend a good college.” Guillermo Arguelles mentioned, “As I start High School, my expectations are to learn in a fun way, I hope to have a great time my freshman year. Well my goals are to graduate high school, pass my classes, and make my parents proud.”