HHS Landscaping Helps Keep the Campus Clean

Noah Venegas, Staff Writer

Hughson High school has many dedicated classes to agriculture. Classes like AG Earth, Floral, and landscaping continue their hard work, teaching and motivating students to make their class projects full of designs. It is important to our school and some of these classes to keep the campus clean, unique, and presentable.

Ms. Voss, the landscaping teacher at Hughson High School, tells us that her class maintains the look around the school garden and plants vegetables for the winter and summer crops for summer. The garden area of the school needs to be maintained consistently as, “leaves are our number one enemy”.  It is especially important that we maintain our campus cleanliness and keep the garden as clean as possible because FFA conferences and meetings are held there regularly. 

However, It is not just the school garden that is dirty with leaves and small amounts of litter. The school needs students to participate in this cleaning operation. “People are lazy and don’t throw their trash away”, leading Emily Muzquiz to believe the school is “very dirty”. The coolest substitute teacher ever, Mr Jordan, told us “It’s ok” but he also stated that it could probably be better by having students pick up their trash in general, and have everyone aware of the trash level.