Guitar Club Rocks HHS

Marissa McGrane, Staff Writer

The Guitar Club is an amazing example of a learning opportunity. “It creates the chance to first, learn new instruments,and to be part of a band and to have fun practicing with everyone.” says Monica Ruiz, president of the Guitar Club. 

Not only does the Guitar Club offer a chance to learn and practice the guitar, it also offers a chance to perform. The Guitar Club performs for many different holidays including Halloween, Valentines day, and Red Ribbon week. Currently, this club is working on getting a performance at the Brown Bag lunches.

In 2014, the Guitar Club was organised by Rudy and Corbin, two students from Hughson highschool, Mr. Castillo and Mr. Franka. Since then the Guitar Club has grown. With each member practicing about 30 minutes to an hour each day, one or two Thursdays a month at room two with Mr. Castillo.

When the students of Guitar Club get to perform in front of their peers it can be an enriching experience for them.  When things tumble perfectly into place, it can really capture the feeling of a big time concert.  That kind of experience is immensely valuable whether or not the students go on to perform in front of crowds after they leave Hughson High,” says Mr. Franka one of the organizers of the guitar club. As you can see, the Guitar Club can be extremely helpful to up and coming performers and we should look forward to their amazing performances.