History Lesson of the Upcoming 13th Annual Dean Andreessen Track & Field Classic

Jonathan Anderson, Sports Reporter

With the covid-19 pandemic crushing all sense of normality for all sports the Hughson High Track and Field team is looking forward to traveling again and are looking forward to a big meet. The first major meet for the 2022 season will be the 13th Annual Dean Andreessen Track & Field Classic Hosted by Golden Valley High School, Merced CA. 

The Dean Andereessen Classic Track and Field Classic started as the Livingston HS Invitational. This Meet first started in the year 2009 and was hosted by Livingston HS. It was hosted at Livingston High School. It had a whopping four high schools competing. Fast forward to 2011 where the name changed from the Livingston HS Invitational to the Dean Andereessen Classic Hosted By Livingston HS. There a whopping nine schools were invited and the venue changed from Livingston HS to Atwater HS. 

Fast Forward to 2016 where the name changed again to the  Dean Anderssen Classic. Now the meet is getting better, hosting 13 schools and now is being hosted at Golden Valley HS. Fast Forward to 2022 where now it’s still the Dean Andeereessen Classic but now we add a number and an annual to the beginning to the name. So on March 5, 2022 Golden Valley High School will be hosting the 13th Annual Dean Andreessen Classic. There will be 26 schools in attendance for this meet.