HHS Celebrates Inspire Me Month

Angela Bridgman, Staff Writer

This month for Hughson High School is “Inspire Me Month”. To celebrate this month, the HHS Renaissance class has been putting up posters around the campus to make students feel good about themselves. There will be activities during lunch such as relay races, basketball games, and many more. Dress up days like monochrome day, pink day, and crazy hair day have also been scheduled for the week of Mar 7-11. 

For Value Me week which was Feb 28-Mar 4, the Hughson High Renaissance class put up posters and decorated the bathrooms. The class also set up inspirational quotes around the campus and inside the classrooms. The penny drive has also just started which is when each class gets a jar and you have to collect coins but the catch is that dollar bills are negative bills towards the class. 

For the week of March 14-18 which was called “Strong Me Week”, the military was said to come for lunch. Some activities that will be displayed are football in a tire, a relay race at lunch, corn hole, a basketball game, and the HHS instagram account will be posting athlete highlights. 

For the week of March 20-25 which is called “Nourish Me Week”, the HHS Renaissance class will be passing out cut up fruit and they will also be hosting a kahoot. The kahoot will be questions about the month and the winner will receive a prize. Make sure to come out and play the kahoot to learn a bit more about “Inspire Me Month” and how you can love yourself. 

The point of this whole month is for students at HHS to feel good about themselves. Taylor Clawson, a member of the HHS Renaissance class said, “Students should know to value themselves and put themselves first and love themselves and to take care of themselves.” Taylor also said, “The purpose of Inspire Me Month is to mainly take care of themselves and it’s overall a fun thing to do, also for the school spirit!” You should always put yourself first.