Welcoming Mrs. Christianson to the Pack!

Lesly Avila-Rodriguez, Staff Writer

With new teachers joining Hughson High School for the 2022-2023 school year, a new addition to the Science Department, HHS newest Biology teacher, Mrs. Christianson!

Mrs. Christianson is from Hughson California. This is her 4th year teaching. She mentioned, “When I decided I wanted to be a teacher, I knew my goal was always to work in the Hughson School District. I wanted to make a difference in the community I live in.” In a classroom, Christianson describes her teaching style as interactive and hands-on. Growing up, Christianson expresses that her favorite subjects were Science and History. 

With teaching students, Christianson says her goal is “I want students to know how much they can do if they are willing to work hard. Even if they think they are “bad” at Science or if they don’t like the subject, if they work hard they will be guaranteed to find valuable information that will make a difference to them.” What made Christianson want to teach Biology is that Science has always fascinated her, and learning about certain functions for animals and humans is fun to her, out of all Sciences she’s taken Biology is her favorite.

Christianson added that her motivation to teach is having an impact on the next generation. In her free time, Christianson likes to hike, walk her dogs, read and also exercise. As for advice, Christianson says, “Even if you don’t know something, it’s all about the effort you put in”