Students Attend the Career Inspiration Center Field Trip

Gisselle Rodriguez and Natalie Velasco

Do you know what you want to do in life? Are you struggling with finding a career that interests you? Then the Career Inspiration Center Field Trip is the answer for you. This field trip was designed to inspire you to try new things related to potential careers you might be interested in and it allows you to have hands-on learning experiences.

This career-based field trip is specifically focused on technology. This includes robotics, programming, drones, coding, video game design, computer hardware, etc. The Career Inspiration Center provides four different pathways for you to explore. They include agriculture, technology, manufacturing, and health. They issue hands on learning experiences that allow you to have a better understanding of that career choice.

The organizer, Norma Teague, is one out of the two school counselors here at Hughson High School. She enjoys her job here at this school and has been here since 2013. According to Teague, “The field trip offers students an opportunity to participate in a more hands-on learning experience, things that they are not offered in school.” She also added, “I think that it’s necessary for students to see what’s out there, not necessarily meaning like a 4-year for everyone”. 

The activities that were included in the Career Inspiration Center field trip were programming robots, coding drones, and game developing. Students were divided into separate groups to experience these hands-on learning activities. A student, by the name of Jesenya Arredondo was one of the participants that was involved in this trip. One of her career-based interests is Aerospace engineering. “It got me more interested in the field of aerospace . It piqued my interest more.” It is a great opportunity to experience new things. Arredondo also added, “I would rate it a 9 out of 10, it was fun. Some parts were a little boring, like the waiting to be able to try things out. But in the end it was all well and good.” Students overall have enjoyed their experiences at the field trip.

If students are having trouble figuring out what they want to do in life then the Career Inspiration Center field trips could inspire them. This provides students with a multitude of opportunities to experience hands-on learning activities related to career paths.