Husky Volleyball Goes to Playoffs

Presley Wells, Staff Writer

As you might already know, the Huskies are at the end of their season but not quite there. They made it to the playoffs AGAIN but it is not any ordinary playoff game. It is a home playoff game which Hughson hasn’t had for at least 20 years. 

Mrs. Brazil, Varsity coach, stated “We haven’t had a home playoff game in like 20 years. We are seated higher so like when you are seated low you have an away game and since we are seated 7 out of 16 teams we get a home game. It’s awesome that we made it to the playoffs and I’m super excited about the fact that we have a home game.  When the whole team found out on Friday we couldn’t believe it we were so excited. Hopefully, we get a student section out there.”

Maddie Duron, Varsity middle hitter said “ I’m actually really pumped about playoffs this year especially because it has been a long time since we had a home playoff game. And I’m really hoping that tomorrow we are gonna win the game. If we do win, it will be like once in 20 years since volleyball has made it to the second round of playoffs. So I think it is gonna be really great and I think we have a great chance and I’m super pumped about it.”

Angie Fontana, Varsity Ds announced “I’m so ready to put the wolves back in Woodland.”

Alexandra Gehrke, Varsity right side hitter commented “ I’m very excited. I guess for senior year I really wanted to make it to the playoffs and I want to go to the second round where most of my team is Seniors which we all have the same goal.”

Jessie Duron, Varsity Libero asserted,  “I would say that i am really excited for playoffs because it would be my last year and we didn’t go to the second round last year but i think this year we have a better chance and i think that it would be really cool to win the first round and go to the second especially because it is a home game.”