Transitioning From Shorts to Sweaters

Angela Bridgman, Staff Editor

Over the past few weeks, the weather has been shifting to hot and then to cold. Clouds, rain, and strong breezes are the main weathers that contribute to fall. With the spooky season coming to an end, and the holiday season starting back up, it’s time for leaves to fall, frost on car windows, temperatures going down, and night time approaching earlier due to daylight savings, I’m happy to say that fall has officially started! 

With fall starting and colder weather approaching, that means upcoming holidays and new decorations. Pumpkins, scare-crows, leaves, and cornucopias are a great eye catcher for the fall season decorations. High temperatures falling down to the cool 60’s can bring on hoodie season as well. Sweaters, crew necks, flannels, sweatshirts, and cardigans are all examples for the fall wardrobe. 

The weather shifting can also bring on new schedules for the students at HHS. New sports are also approaching. Soccer tryouts were just held as well as basketball for the boys and girls. Chloe Coonce, a junior at HHS says that she’s excited for the fall but it does bring on changes for her schedule as an athlete. Chloe stated, “The golf season ending basically gave me more free time to work on homework and other stuff and also gave me more time to spend with my family.” Coonce also said, “Now I get home at 2:30 ish instead of 6!” Being a student athlete during this season can also be difficult due to weather. For basketball, games are held inside the new gym so students can go to the games to support their huskies!

With new seasons coming, fall sports are ending. For example, the golf season recently came to an end. Will it bring on new routines for the student athletes? Rachelle Crawford, a junior at HHS said, “With basketball season starting, I have practice after school now so I have less time to do homework and with my golf season ending, I don’t have long practices anymore so that gives me more time to focus on basketball starting.” Even with students’ previous sports seasons ending, they can still continue to play another sport while having time to focus on their school work as well. 

Autumn, the season where the holidays begin and the time for jewels and decorations to be surrounded in our homes start. Everyone loves the holidays but do they love the new adjustments they bring on? Athletes adjusting to new schedules and requirements they have to meet in order to keep doing what they love is a struggle but at the same time it’s amusing. Some would call it multitasking and some would call it a fight but in the end, It’s a great skill students can demonstrate in the future.