HHS Teacher of the Month: Ms. Glavich

Lesly Avila-Rodriguez

For the month of November, the teacher of the month is Ms. Glavich! Glavich teaches Freshman English, AP Literature, and Composition for 11th and 12th graders. She has been teaching for 3 years and 2 at Hughson. 

Glavich attended Heritage High School in Brentwood, California and graduated from Sonoma State University. What inspired her to start teaching was her English teacher from her senior year of high school, she adds, “He made the subject fun and showed that he cared for his students, which made us want to do well in his class. I knew that I wanted to make an impact on my students like he had on me.” 

Glavich expresses that she enjoys working at Hughson because of how involved the students and staff are in the community. She believes that the school engagement  says a lot about the community and it displays that everybody cares which makes Hughson feel like a family to her. What she enjoys about teaching is being able to create fun and interactive lessons & assignments to help students find a deeper understanding in Literature.

What excites Glavich most about teaching is being able to watch her students grow and evolve into smart and kind young adults by the time they reach their senior year. A piece of advice Glavich would give to students is, “To try their best in everything they do. It’s okay to fail sometimes and/or have bad days but how you come back from it is what counts” . Being nominated for teacher of the month, Glavich says, “I feel extremely honored being nominated for Teacher of the Month! We have such an amazing staff and students and knowing that they chose me for this award means a lot.”