FFA Is Hosting the First Ag Dinner of the Semester

This is the second FFA Ag Boosters meal of the year and the first FFA dinner of the semester. The school only hosts two FFA dinners every school year. The school only hosts one FFA Ag Boosters Dinner for each semester. These FFA dinners are able to be hosted by people buying the tickets. The money raised is used to fund Hughson High School Senior Scholarships for both Hughson 4h and Hughson FFA. They are $18 per ticket.

Mr.Ellington, an Ag teacher at HHS, said, “The Meal for the Hughson Ag Booster’s Dinner Auction is: BBQ Tri Tip, mashed potatoes, salad, beans, bread roll and dessert.”

Mr.  Ellington also stated, “the limit is 2,000 meals and there are going to be 2,000 tickets sold.”

Mr. Ellington also responded by saying, “I will be working the dinner to have all food prepared and ready for serving to our customers by 6:00 PM. I also set up the Drive-Thru Route and helped move the cars through the Drive-Thru, 6:00 Pm to 7:30 PM.”

Mr. Ellington also said, “Hot Meals will be served from 6:00 Pm to 7:30 Pm in both the ag shop eating area and the Drive-Thru Area.”

The dinner is going to take place inside the agriculture shop. The live auction with an auctioneer, will start prior at 7:30 Pm and will end when all auction items are sold. Mr. Ellington said “Sample auction items include, a ton of hay, bare root trees, gift baskets, super bowl gift baskets, toy tractors and wagons.”