One Semester Into High School – Freshman’s Perspective

Johnny Martinez, Staff Writer

With the start of the second semester and the start of a new year, students all around Hughson High have been working hard to achieve their goals. Seniors are taking in the last few moments of their school lives, while freshmen are collecting the first few moments of theirs. High school is different from everyone’s point of view, but could one freshman give decent insight to how they believe the world works? I’m Johnny Martinez and this is a piece of my mind, one semester into high school. 

I believe the most difficult part of starting high school as a freshman is the fact that you are exposed to a very new and very different area. It feels almost like moving to a new area and a new school. It’s a very anxiety-inducing experience. Most freshmen have to adjust to the changes and get used to the harder work. While looking at it, the contents of high school get harder as you move on. It’s 4 years of gruesome work, and some will agree it’s the worst 4 years they’ve spent in their lives, but in the end it will all pay off and some will even achieve their highest dreams.

The first semester felt like I was tripping on my own heels on a catwalk, but compared to the second semester it was like a walk in the park on a sunny afternoon. It’s never easy, but as long as you make an honest effort you can succeed with great achievements. Teachers are nice to you if you are to them and the law of mutual respect can take you a long way around campus. From a freshman perspective, as long as you abide by the rules and try your best to succeed you can carry the world on your shoulders with no problems!