Teacher of the Month: Mr. Schiffmann

Johnny Martinez, Staff Writer

Wrapping up the first month of our new year, February has come to us with a new Teacher of the Month! This time, renowned teacher Mr. Schiffman was elected to represent February! 

Mr. Schiffman is a primarily English teacher here at HHS, teaching English 11 and English 10 Honors. He has been a teacher for a very long 25 years, and attended high school at Gunderson. He graduated with his diploma at Stanislaus State University and loves his job of teaching. 

Schiffman says his favorite part of being a teacher is, “Teaching students skills that can help make them be successful and teaching texts that can help a student learn about themself.” 

He enjoys spending his time teaching his students about English literature and helping them further understand themselves better through life. 

Schiffman is very proud to be elected for Teacher of the Month this February! He said, “Being Teacher of the month is great. It is nice to be recognized.” 

Teacher of the Month is one of the many great events we have at HHS that helps us recognize how well our staff and teachers work to make our environment a better and happier place for students, guests and the Hughson community alike. 

Taking advice from your favorite teachers is a very good and important way to find yourself and discover who you really are. Schiffman says, “Trust yourself. Do what you think is best to help people in the long run.” 

We are very honored to have Mr. Schiffman as our February’s Teacher of the Month, and we hope to see more of his great actions in the future!