Spring Break Awaits

Johnny Martinez, Staff Writer

After a long awaited amount of time, spring break is finally here! During the second semester every year around Easter, HHS has spring break to come with it. A whole week off of school for students and work for teachers! Everyone loves a break from school, and HHS gets their deserved break after all of their hard work!

10th and 12th grade English teacher Mrs. Jimenez has graciously shared her outlook on what the spring break means to her! Jimenez stated that spring break is, “A much needed break to enjoy time with family and celebrate the Easter holiday. It is also a great chance to recuperate before the final stretch to the end of the semester.”

There are lots of things to do during spring break! Spend time with family and friends, eat new food, try new hobbies, visit new places, and more! Mrs Jimenez remarked, “I plan to spend time with family and friends and will be going on my first cruise.” Enjoying your time with others is one of the main enriching ways to spend it this spring break! Jimenez even recommends that our students should spend their time outdoors or with their family while they have the chance, relaxation can be found in many different ways including through outdoor activities!

Not only do people everywhere in our community and all around different parts of the world enjoy the spring break, it also is an advantage to amend your health or your schedules, so we asked whether people believed spring break is important or not. Jimenez replied, “Yes, I believe it is important because many people in our community are religious and celebrate the Easter holiday. I also believe it is important for both students and staff to take a mental break and just enjoy life with less responsibilities.”

Spring break is a fun and relaxing time for everyone in the Hughson community to enjoy. Whether you plan to spend your time alone, with friends and family, eating, sleeping, or even traveling, we hope you enjoy your official HHS spring break of 2023!