Teacher of the Month: Mrs. Geisbrecht

Lesly Avila-Rodriguez, Staff Writer

For the month of April, the teacher of the month is Mrs.Giesbrecht! Geisbrecht teaches 9-12th graders, the subjects she teaches are English 9, English 9 honors, English 11, ELD from grades 9-12 and AP language and composition.  

Giesbrecht attended Turlock High School and graduated in 1983, receiving her college education from CSU Stanislaus and graduating in 1989.  Giesbrecht said, “It was my fondness for the middle school teachers that I had when I attended Denair Middle School who, in turn, inspired me to teach.” 

What she enjoys most about teaching is the people she works with, her environment, the students and teaching English. What excites her about teaching is, “Thinking that I am helping students to become successful, literate adults who are well-equipped to tackle any profession that requires solid communication skills.”

Giesbrecht’s advice for students is, “Take advantage of this marvelous, free education. Learn everything you can like a sponge because when you leave the safe and nurturing environment of Hughson High School, nothing will be free again. Your education is a gift. And remember: The answer is always no if you don’t ask.”

As for being nominated for teacher of the month, “The way I feel about being nominated as teacher of the month is humbled and thankful. I feel humbled for being selected because every teacher I work with, ones already selected and ones who will be selected, are extraordinary teaching professionals; we are all deserving of recognition. I feel thankful because it is nice to know that my colleagues.”